The Cleveland International Film Festival promotes artistically and culturally significant film arts through education and exhibition to enrich the life of the community.
(In other words, we present the newest and best films from around the world, and we do everything in our power to make sure that our audience learns something along the way - about other cultures, about the topic at hand, about the experience from the filmmakers themselves.)
The Cleveland International Film Festival is a leader in helping the world discover the power of the film arts to educate, entertain, and celebrate an inclusive human experience.
In pursuing its mission, the Cleveland International Film Festival will:
- Set high standards for diverse quality film education and exhibition, placing artistic and cultural merit above commercial appeal.
- Connect and work collaboratively with an array of community partners to raise awareness of how film arts deepens understanding of the world and catalyzes positive change.
- Provide the best and most accessible audience experience possible.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion while fostering understanding and appreciation of myriad cultures and values.
- Cultivate and maintain an innovative and forward-thinking organization.
- Embed our work into the fabric of the community.
- Promote a work environment among board, staff, and volunteers based on integrity, professionalism, teamwork, trust, and respect.
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability and increase its financial self-sufficiency.